Getting to Surigao City
If you are just curious about the City of Island Adventures or really dying to explore its beauty but is just no-idea on how to get there, then don’t fret. There is Google but even searching takes time and if you don’t have that patience then just check my list of options below.
Surigao can be your dream holiday get-away solo, with family, with a loved one or for the crazy barkada. Its blessed with Mother Earth’s natural wonders minus the mass tourism.
By Air – Daily direct flights from Manila or Cebu. very convenient! Here is the latest domestic flights from the 2 airlines who can fly you to Surigao.
Please do note that schedules are subject to change without prior notice.
Flies daily from Manila and Cebu. For flight details you may check the photo or click the link.
By Land – This I say is the best option if you are from within Mindanao.
- CAGAYAN DE ORO to BUTUAN CITY Agora (CDO) – Butuan Bus Terminal. 5 Hours bus ride; Fare: 350Php/Aircon bus. BUTUAN to SURIGAO CITY Butuan – Surigao Bus Terminal. 3 hours bus ride ; Fare 170PhP/non-Aircon bus. First Trip: 2AM
- DAVAO to SURIGAO CITY route. 9-10 hours bus ride in an aircon bus and about 10-11 hours bus ride for a non-aircon bus.
- Take a van for hire.
- SEAMARINE TRANSPORT, INC.
SEAMARINE TRANSPORT, INC. has trips every day
– Leaving from Lipata wharf at 04:30 AM, and arriving at Liloan, So. Leyte wharf at 07:00 AM
– Leaving from Lipata wharf at 12:00 PM, and arriving at Liloan, So. Leyte wharf at 03:30 PM
2. Super Shuttle Ferry
Super Shuttle Ferry has trips every day
– Leaving from Lipata wharf at 06:00 AM, and arriving at Liloan, So. Leyte wharf at 09:00 AM
3. Cokaliong Shipping Lines, Inc.
Cokaliong Shipping Lines, Inc. has trips on Wed, Fri at 07:00 PM
– Leaving from Surigao wharf at 07:00 PM, and arriving at Maasin wharf at 11:00 PM
Manila – Cebu – Surigao – Nasipit – Surigao – Manila
There are a lot of options either you want to fly direct or have Surigao as part of a vacation itinerary. Not only that, despite of it being near the open sea of Pacific Ocean, a lot of people are migrating to Surigao City because of it’s booming tourism industry and promising investment opportunities.
For properties available in Surigao City and it’s neighboring cities click here.
Xy-Za Yape is a founding member and a blogger of Filipino Homes. She is also a PRC and HLURB Registered Real Estate Professional and a Licensed Financial and Investment Advisor. She is an International Realtor member. She is a Hubspot certified in Inbound Marketing. She is also the co-founder of Iligan Bloggers Society, Inc.