I am not a member of Pag-IBIG Fund, what should I do?

One of the practical steps to secure your future is through Pag-IBIG Fund or Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF). With the aim to help Filipino workers by providing housing loans and affordable shelter financing, it will be a gateway to making your dream home possible and having it your own. Good news is, the program is not only limited to employees, hence, whether you are unemployed, self-employed or your employer is not that cooperative on making you part of, good thing is that you can still apply for membership. But before doing so, here are some helpful details that you would want to know.

Pag-IBIG Fund Membership Categories

There are two-type of membership categories. One is mandatory and the other is voluntary.

  • For those who are locally employed in the Philippines, under Republic Act No. 7742, it is mandated that the respective employers should be able to assist them on their Pag-IBIG Fund membership registration and are required to be a member of SSS as well.
  • For voluntary membership, like the freelancers, self-employed professionals, small business operators including unemployed individuals.

Here are the following categories of Individual Voluntary Members. You may check with the category you belong and for each, there is a separate set of requirements.

  1. For Self-Paying Employees (Waived Company)- member may be employed by a company but pays Pag-IBIG contributions on their own.
  • Certificate of Employment & Compensation
  • Latest Payslip
  • Company ID
  1. For Self-Employed– small business owners, professionals, freelancers, and consultants belong to this group.
  • Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) with Financial Statement of the previous year certified by a CPA
  • Certificate of Remittance/ESAV (for old members)
  • Two 1×1 ID pictures
  • SEC or DTI Registration (should be under the member’s name)
  • Business Permit or Mayor’s Permit
  1. For Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW)- For Reactivating Members
  • Latest Contract of Employment
  • Passport or any valid ID
  • Latest and valid Contract of Employment (with POEA original stamp)
  • Certificate of Remittance or ESAV
  • Passport or any Valid ID/POEA license
  • Two 1×1 ID pictures
  • Special Power of Attorney (SPA), in case a representative shall submit the documents and pay the member’s contributions
  1. For Self-Employed Professionals- Government licensed professionals who are practicing in their field.
  • PRC/BAR License
  • Latest ITR (previous year)
  • Certificate of Remittance or ESAV (for old members)
  • Two 1×1 ID pictures
  • For Unemployed Spouse (For Non-Working Spouse)
  • Written consent from member-working spouse
  • Certificate of Employment and Compensation of member-working spouse
  • Affidavit of Unemployment
  1. Unemployed Spouse– for those who are unemployed, but whose spouse is employed and an active Pag-IBIG member.
  • Affidavit of Unemployment
  • Certificate of Employment and Compensation of the member-spouse
  • Written consent from the member-spouse
  1. Franchise Holders or Operators– those who are in the franchising business.
  • Latest ITR from the previous year
  • Franchise Permit (under the person’s name)
  • Car Registration or Official Receipt (under the person’s name)
  • Certificate of Remittance or ESAV
  • Two (2) 1×1 ID photos
  1. Member-Spouse with Business– this is same to no. 5, but here, the member-spouse has a business.
  • DTI or SEC Registration
  • Mayor’s Permit or Business Permit
  • Affidavit of Unemployment
  • Latest ITR (from the previous year)
  • Certificate of Employment and Compensation of the member-spouse (must be notarized)
  • Written consent from the member-spouse
  • Two (2) 1×1 ID photos
  1. Unemployed (reactivating members)- those who are basically unemployed.
  • Affidavit of Unemployment

Pag-IBIG Membership Procedure

So how can you be a member of Pag-IBIG Fund thru individual voluntary basis? Here are the steps:

Step 1. Accomplish and submit two (2) copies of Member’s Data Form (MDF) and other supporting requirements to the Marketing and Enforcement Division (bring all original documents for authentication) of any provincial Pag-IBIG Fund branch.

Step 2. Get a Payment Order Form (POF) from the said office, and go to the Cashiering Division to pay for initial Membership Contribution (MC).

Step 3. Present all stamped or verified documents to the Marketing and Enforcement Division.

Step 4. Secure a POF before proceeding to Cash Division for the payment of contribution.

You may want to read more about Pag-IBIG Fund programs, visit their website[1], or go directly to the nearest branch in your place.


[1] http://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph