How to Keep Your Family & Home Safe from COVID-19
The news COVID-19 travel bans increasing number of infected cases with the respiratory disease outbreak caused by a novel (new) coronavirus is alarming. It has now been detected in almost 70 locations internationally and increasing number in the Philippines.
The virus has been named “SARS-CoV-2” causing the “coronavirus disease 2019” or “COVID-19” has first been detected at Wuhan, China.
How can I make sure my family is safe from COVID-19?
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water regularly for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60%–95% alcohol
- Wash hands hands after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose
- If you can help it, don’t touch or hold any public surfaces like elevator buttons, door handles, escalator hand railings, etc. If you need to, always wash your hands or use sanitizer that contains 60%–95% alcohol before touching your face
- Maintain social distancing by avoiding large crowds
- Maintain a healthy diet & increase your body’s immunity to prevent easy infection