How to Renew PRC License Online Without CPD units
Can I renew my expired PRC license without CPD units online?
The answer is YES.
Registered professionals can still renew their PRC ID without full compliance of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirement until December 31, 2021. The better news is, the renewal of Professional Identification Cards (PIC) is now accepted online!
How To Renew License Without CPD Units Online:
Step #1 Go to the official website of PRC – LERIS to start the renewal application process.
Step #2 Login to your LERIS account. If you don’t have any, register for one. To register, you only need to have:
- Email address
- Mobile Number
- Personal information; employment and education
- 2×2 photo (in JPG format with white background and applicant wearing a formal collared top)
- Valid ID
Step #3 Once logged in, you can choose among these options. To proceed with the online renewal process, choose “Renewal of License.”
- Exam Application- Online application of various licensure examinations with requirements to be submitted upon processing/issuance of Notice of Admission.
- Exam Application (SPLBE)- Online application of various licensure examinations with requirements to be submitted upon processing/issuance of Notice of Admission. (For SPLBE applicants)
- Initial Registration- Online Registration of new passers/successful examinees for the issuance of their licenses.
- Initial Registration (SPLBE)- Online Registration of new passers/successful examinees for the issuance of their licenses. (For SPLBE passers)
- Renewal of License – Online renewal of Professional Identification Cards of Registered Professionals.
- Verification- Online verification of rating of successful examinees and verification of license of registered professional.
Here’s a sample screenshot:
Professions allowed to renew online:
- Aeronautical Engineer
- Agricultural and Biosystems Engineer
- Certified Mine Foreman
- Certified Plant Mechanic
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Quarry Foreman
- Chemical Engineer
- Chemical Technician
- Civil Engineer
- Customs Broker
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Technologist
- Electronics Engineer
- Electronics Technician
- Environmental Planner
- Fisheries Technologist
- Foreign Medical Professional
- Geodetic Engineer
- Geologic Aide
- Guidance Counselor
- Interior Designer
- Landscape Architect
- Master Plumber
- Mechanical Engineer
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Medical Technologist (MedTech)
- Metallurgical Engineer
- Metallurgical Plant Foreman
- Midwife and Midwife (RA 2382)
- Mining Engineer
- Naval Architect and Marine Engineer
- Nutritionist Dietitian
- Occupational Therapist and Occupational Therapist Technician
- Ocular Pharmacologist
- Physical Therapist
- Physician (Medical Doctor)
- Professional Electrical Engineer
- Professional Electronics Engineer
- Professional Mechanical Engineer
- Professional Teacher
- Radiologic Technologist
- Real Estate Appraiser
- Real Estate Broker
- Real Estate Consultant
- Registered Electrical Engineer
- Registered Master Electrician
- Respiratory Therapist
- Sanitary Engineer
- Social Worker
- X-Ray Technologist
Where to Claim PRC ID
After renewing your license online, your new PRC ID card can be claimed from your chosen PRC branch or satellite office. There’s also a delivery option for NCR applicants. Make sure to choose a time and date of delivery/pick-up.
Important Notice: CPD is a requirement in the renewal of the Professional Identification Cards (PICs) of all registered and licensed professionals under the regulation of the PRC, as mandated by Republic Act (R.A) No. 10912 or the Continuing Professional Development Act of 2016.
PRC made this extension noting that the country is now under the State of Public Health Emergency and State of Calamity due to the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).